MX Player is one of the popular Android app in  category published by  J2 Interactive  in Google Play Store. MX Player app has gained over + from Android users with a aggregated rating of 4.48 from 6,923,465+ users in Google Play Store and content rating of  Everyone.
There are a lot of Video Players & Editors Android apps which offer similar features like MX Player, you may notice some of them are also developed by J2 Interactive.
Powerful video player with advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle support.Read More
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION - Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING - MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that dual-core device's performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN - Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES - Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
e) KIDS LOCK - Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps. (plugin required)
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
MX Player needs permissions on the following categories:
* "Access Photos/Media/Files" permission to read your all media files on your storage
* "Other app capabilities" for various activities like checking network status, Streaming, controlling bluetooth device, controlling the touch feedbacks, blocking keys with kid lock feature.
* "READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" permission is required in order to read your media files in your primary & secondary storages.
* "WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" permission is required in order to rename or deletion of files and to store the downloaded subtitles.
* "ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" and "ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" permissions are required in order to get the network status which is required for various activities like license checking, update checking, etc.
* "INTERNET" permission is required in order to play internet streams.
* "VIBRATE" permission is required in order to controls the vibration feedbacks.
* "BLUETOOTH" permission is required in order to improve AV sync when Bluetooth headset is connected.
* "WAKE_LOCK" permission is required in order to prevent your phone from sleeping while watching any video.
* "KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES" permission is required in order to stop the MX Player services used in background play.
* "DISABLE_KEYGUARD" permission is required in order to temporarily prevent secure screen lock when Kids Lock is used.
* "SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW" permission is required in order to block some keys when Kids Lock is used.
* "DRAW OVER OTHER APPS" permission is required in order to block system buttons when input blocking is activated on the playback screen.
If you are facing "package file is invalid" error, please install it again from product home page (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download)
If you have any questions, please visit our Facebook Page or XDA MX Player forum.
Some of the screens are from the Elephants Dreams licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
(c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
Some of the screens are from the Big Buck Bunny licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
(c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org
Below you will find list of apps similar to MX Player for Android in Video Players & Editors genre.